Specialty art tours – $600 and up
Our specialty art tours focus on the city’s extraordinary, ever-changing contemporary art scene. Most of these tours can happen any day of the week, Monday through Sunday. Each tour costs $600 total, covering 1 – 10 people in full, and an additional $60 per extra persons beyond 10 people.
1. Museum tours. Get a personal 2-hour guided experience of a New York City museum of your choosing, or let us pick which museum we think is showing the most fascinating exhibits that week, especially the most outstanding contemporary art. You will need to pay museum admission, in addition to our stated fee. Optional: combine a Whitney Museum tour with a Chelsea gallery tour, as the museum and galleries are fairly close to each other.
2. Graffiti Street Art tour in Bushwick Brooklyn. The city’s epicenter for graffiti street art is Bushwick Brooklyn, with large fascinating paintings – some several stories tall – on hundreds of buildings. See the section of Bushwick with the most awesome graffiti paintings, where creativity is unleashed in blazing color. This tour takes place entirely outdoors, no matter the weather.
3. LGBT gallery tours. Our gay founder and tour director will take you to galleries in Chelsea currently showing work by gay, lesbian, and other self-identified queer artists, plus exhibits of interest to a gay sensibility. Sometimes the artwork can get very graphic, other times just very human.
4. Artist studios tour. New York is the world’s epicenter for artist studios, and on this tour you’ll visit several we think are special, and meet most or all of these artists, along with their finished artworks and works-in-progress. Expect messy studio spaces, full of tools and supplies. Plus, you can buy art directly from these artists and save money.
5. Art on the High Line. Each year, a curator installs a new contemporary art exhibit that runs the entire 17-block length of the High Line Park, itself an architectural and landscaping marvel that is elevated two stories above the Chelsea streets. This tour takes place entirely outdoors, no matter the weather. Optional: combine this tour with a Chelsea gallery tour or a Whitney Museum tour, as they are all fairly close to each other.
Daily: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
E-mail us at email@example.com with questions, or to arrange one of these tours.